diabetic ulcers

by donna flynn
(clinton ct)

what can i use to relieve the pain from these ulcers..i can not walk at times..pain is so bad


Hi Bonnie

If you have a Diabetic ulceration (the skin is broken and there is discharge) then you should be seeing someone that should be taking care of it. If not, go and see someone. Pain and ulceration is never a good thing but it could also indicate infection.

That is the primary goal- to get the ulcer seen to as soon as you can. They should be able to take care of it and then off-load the pressure from the area this will help with pain.

The secondary issue is to make sure that the clinician has found the cause and can take precautions to stop that ulcer from coming back- which it will if the cause isn't treated.

All the best
By the way- don't home treat, see someone medical- Podiatrist/ Doctor.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Q&A.

The medical information on the ldfootcare.com web site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.

Copyright. LDFootcare 2018.

Mission/ Vision.  SearchDisclaimerPrivacy 

Search LDFootcare

diabetic footcare

Most Visited Pages

Athletes Foot

Foot Corns

Diabetic Footcare

About Dominic Hough

Hi. I'm Dominic. I treat patients every day at a local clinic. I am a trained Chiropodist and I care about prevention. I designed the website to help readers understand treat and even prevent issues from happening to their feet.